Hanging Circular Calendar

Nice! Reminds me of this a bit.

2 Likes

I have been thinking about motorizing the display and putting a 24 hour ring on the top. Would be fun to get all the gearing figured out.

3 Likes

This somewhat reminds me of https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:12173 , which ought to be really laser-cuttable.

5 Likes

That’s the idea. And what an amazing shop Brad has from Printto3D. Intriguing.

Brilliant!

1 Like

@marmak3261 - I’ve noticed that you like using cardboard to test out your ideas, which I think is brilliant. What cut settings have you found work the best on cardboard? Thanks in advance.

It’s hard to answer that for two reasons: one is that I have a pre-release unit and my required settings and power profile are very different from the production units. The other reason is that I like to keep discussions of non-default settings for non-Proofgrade material in the Beyond the Manual category.

It’s really not that hard to zero in on what’s right. Start fast and low power and do a few test squares.

Providing settings for non-proofgrade materials is only allowed in Beyond the Manual as noted by marmak3261. What I think I can say here is that good settings for cardboard vary from piece to piece even of the same thickness, but it is also pretty easy to make a good guess once you’ve done it a few times. And what has already been posted there is a good enough place to start.