Hardboard clipboard settings

A friend of mine is a teacher and she has asked me to put her students names on back of hardboard clipboard she ordered off of amazon and she is going to mail them to the students as a end of year gift (even though they are not in school). There is nothing on them. What are your thoughts on a good setting for them. They are Eco-Friendly Hardboard Clipboards. She has 30 students and I only have 30 clipboards so I don’t really have anything to practice on before doing them.

Thanks for the help

1 Like

We can only discuss settings for non Proofgrade materials in the Beyond the Manual category. Use the search function, I believe you will find several threads for these clipboards.

1 Like

It’s similar to hardboard from Home Depot. Grab a piece from there and test it. That’s what I did a couple of years ago (there’s a post floating around here - I made it for my wife’s school handyman). I believe I was still using the PRU so the settings would no longer apply though.

thanks

oops… sorry I’m still learning. :slight_smile:

It should engrave nicely. Start out with the power set a bit low, and work your way up. Experimenting is the best way to become a power user.

1 Like

As @gewubs said, start out with a low power setting, without opening the GF or moving the clipboard, check the engraving through the glass, if its not dark enough give it a second pass or increase the power a bit. This way it will engrave exactly on top of the previous engrave.

3 Likes

I have done a few using the settings for medium pg draftboard and set focus good luck.

1 Like