5 Likes

Live long and POTTER!

4 Likes

That’s creepy!

Cool… but creepy!

2 Likes

Snape for the win

5 Likes

I heard some old codger on a talk radio show say that Harriet Tubman should not be on the $20. He said that she was a criminal. Slavery was legal and she was breaking the law! SMH

2 Likes

People have creative memories for history. There are numerous people on our currency who broke the law fighting for what they believed to be right.

7 Likes

Heck, the whole country was formed on the basis of an illegal act. Not like England countenanced revolutionary breakaways :grin: I bet King George and Parliament had a different view of the founding fathers than we do :wink:

12 Likes

Precisely.

3 Likes

There were some English families who had a different view on the legitimacy of King George.

4 Likes

:grin: well going back far enough we have Eve stealing an apple and starting all these illegal shenanigans :joy:

7 Likes

Talk about a raw deal. I’m going to put one thing you can’t touch in the garden, but being omniscient I know exactly what’s going to happen. And it’s all your fault!

6 Likes

But this is exactly the point. While the “legality”of a behavior might not be up for question, the ethics of the behavior depends largely on the viewer. Harriet Tubman falls on the right side of our history, much like those who fought against England. There are few places around the world where people would disagree at this point that slavery is unethical.

And that’s all I can say without getting overly political!

6 Likes

All the founders were traitors from Britain and would have been hung had the revolution failed. Like Tubman did what was right and eventually legal, even if not at the time they did it, This would be my answer to someone saying this.

4 Likes

The descendants of the Tories need our prayers and help now as it was they who were the ancestors of most folk in the Northern Bahamas,

3 Likes

So true! I suspect that this man would think that what the founding fathers did was right and just. But Harriet, um, well, let’s just say that her skin color may play a role in his opinion. Anyhow, when this guy said that on the talk radio show, there was a bit of stunned silence from the commentators. Then they got rid of his a$$ right away. :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

Love this !!! Thank you! Can’t wait to get one! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

And let’s not forget Anne Frank and all those who kept her alive were also law-breakers. I have a sinking suspicion that folks who would view Harriet as a criminal would have similar disgusting views about Anne and her saviors.

6 Likes