Harry Potter Book Nook- Free file

Welcome to the forum.

The file is included in the first post. Right click the file (red lines in the first post) and save as an svg to your computer.

6 Likes

So I just saved this Halloween Design as SVG and I opened in Inkscape and set my grid to the .25" thick for the plywood I’m using but the finger joints aren’t .25 " How do you make the finger joints work for the woods thickness

1 Like

You have to adjust all of the slots and tabs, and it would be extremely tedious to try and do that in the Glowforge interface.

3 Likes

Is the wood your using 1/4 inch plywood? That seems pretty thick for the project. Is that what you really want?

3 Likes

I wasn’t going to do the project, I just wanted to see if the fingers would work with 0.2" plywood, or if I could adjust them, because I didn’t see what kind of material was used.
And because I wasn’t interested in tackling that project, I missed where she shared that it was 1/8"
I have two different purchases of 1/8" Basswood plywood that don’t measure .25", nor do they measure the same thickness, so I guess unless proof-grade is called out or the exact thickness it’s adjust every finger.

1 Like

As I explained to “dklgood”, I wasn’t trying to make it, I am learning about fingers and I wanted to see if I could make it fit with 1/4", actually measures 0.2"
Thanks

1 Like

okay. no problem. I was going to re-export for .25in plywood if you needed it. I have the design in a program with variables, so it just takes a few clicks to get a version for a different thickness.

3 Likes

If you have a program to reconfigure boxes with finger joints to fit different material thickness, I would love to know about it
Thanks

1 Like

Cuttle.

5 Likes

What a great share, I too have a couple of HP fans that will absolutely love this.

5 Likes