Harry Potter Keychain Set

Today was my first day with a Glowforge and I’m having to force myself to sleep otherwise I’d stay up all night making stuff. I’ve been so excited for this and my family has shared my excitement with me. I think it’ll be a while before I actually get to make anything for myself with all of their requests! No complaints there though, only thing I have to figure out is how to safely transport my Glowforge.

Anyways, onto the project of the day!

I created a Harry Potter Keychain set with some pre-existing designs my aunt sent me (probably somewhere off google, but if I’m not selling this for money, should be okay, right?)

I also added an acrylic back to it to make it sturdier as well as engravings of the character names. :smiley:

DUnU1EWVwAApihs

I plan on staining Hogwarts black tomorrow to add some nice contrast. Also need to reprint Ron and Dobby since the keychain hole looks a bit flimsy. Do you guys have any suggestions on how I strengthen the keyholes?

For my first day, I’m more than happy with how everything’s turning out. I can’t wait to be able to test on more materials. Woohoo!

55 Likes

Wow! That looks fantastic. Great job, you just hit the ground running with projects. :+1::grin::glowforge:

4 Likes

Since I don’t have my GF yet this might not apply, but I’m amazed at times of the uses for the new wave of epoxy products. With small applicators that can mix as needed plus they are very durable. I’d guess that if allowed to penetrate the fibers of the wood it just might offer a solution.

2 Likes

Very creative and a great first project for your .:glowforge:

2 Likes

Turned out very nicely! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

This is so cute!!!

2 Likes

That’s not only absolutely adorable it’s very functional as well nice job

1 Like

Look at metal grommet sets for the holes - they come in all sizes, most popular for shower curtains and such, but available much smaller…

1 Like

Thanks for all the feedback!! I’m definitely trying some of the stuff out. Just stained Hogwarts and glued everything together! Waiting for it to all dry as well as the epoxy on the characters, then we’ll hang it up!

15 Likes

Really great for a first day!

2 Likes

Great idea!
I like the way the individual key holders slot into the main piece, very inventive

1 Like

Really neat project!

1 Like

Completed project! I’m so happy with out it turned out! Now to figure out what to do for my next project, a custom Catan board perhaps?

15 Likes

Nice. But Dobby makes me squirm :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes