Harry Potter Monopoly (Gamer)

From the time I got my Glowforge I had this project in mind but it took me quite a while to get around to making all of the parts. Truthfully, having seen some of the other HP boards on here, I’m not sure this one really competes! Nevertheless, I figured I’d share it…

This isn’t the final version but it’s the copy that got a photo shoot. The game guide has been made to look like the Marauder’s Map now and I have laser-cut play tokens. Because balancing the handmade hickory dice was such a pain, I have taken to making a modular die on the GF and piecing it together.

The material nearly everything is printed on is almost identical to proofgrade draftboard but it has a papery surface that wipes clean of burn residue with a damp cloth! I get it from a nearby cabinet shop’s throwaway scrap - this is the material they put in the back of their cabinets.

61 Likes

Lovely attention to detail. Have you played the game Hogwarts Battles. If not I would recommend it to an HP fan.

3 Likes

Simply breathtaking, don’t really know what else to say!

3 Likes

Awesome project!

3 Likes

This is done really well. Love the foot prints running around the board.

1 Like

They actually serve a purpose, too. One can travel from one Marauder’s Map space to the next, so the footprints literally lead to the space you can travel to.

1 Like

Very nice work! Pretty nice results from what would have gone to the dumpster.

2 Likes

I like how you laid out your spaces. Well done. I still haven’t even played my HP Monopoly yet!

3 Likes

So cool!

Wow, that is simply amazing! :clap:

1 Like

This is truly awesome. Such crisp detail. Congrats!!

Well done! It looks great and I love the dovetails to join the boards together.

What a fun version of the game! I’d like it a lot better than the original.

Terrific job on the board! What other HP twists did you add to the rules. Milton Bradley would be proud!

Great job, may I ask how many pieces or sections does just the game board consist of, I asking about the board only. It looks like you used a puzzle like system to connect the board sections, Am I correct.

Again, wonderful job and thanks for the feedback.
LL_woodworks

It’s in 4 pieces. It is a kind of puzzle shape in the middle area and cuts around the “railroad” property.

The board will technically fit in the Glowforge as a half-board but I found it easier and more reliable to make it in 4 pieces. It made the box to contain the game easier to design as well.

1 Like

There are cost/benefits to being in a particular Hogwarts house - for example, Slytherins can get out of jail cheaper, and Ravenclaws have a chance to roll to avoid having to go to jail when they land on that space.

The Chocolate Frog cards are all unique and though they cause you to gain/lose like Chance and Community Chest, they’re not really based on the original game at all.

Otherwise, if you’ve played the Monopoly Gamer edition of the game, it’s fairly similar.

3 Likes