Has any one cut fibre paper?

Hi ya, I do glass fusing and use a product called fibre paper. Does anyone have any experience of cutting this material please? It can easily be cut with a scalpel but I would like to standardise some designs.
I asked the retailer I get it from and they said they are not sure it would work but I found a very old post on youtube of someone cutting it with a cricut machine and someone commented that they used a laser so was interested if anyone has any experience.
I usually cut 6mm thick pieces.
Thank you :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Here is a post from long ago:
Cookie_KMOwner

Jul 2018

I to look to the GF for help with glass fusing projects. Cold work etching was one. But I also used it to cut thick fiber paper for base relief and I am working on it in the negative for ‘mold’ forms for small projects. It is great for making sandblasting stencils. I can put the masking media over the glass and into the GF and just weed out the pieces without having to transfer the masking to the glass. Still learning, but having a wonderful time of it.

6 Likes

Wow that’s really exciting I haven’t tried sand blasting yet but it’s been on the list for a while. What sort of settings would you use for fibre paper do you know

1 Like

Just incase this helps someone in the future:
6mm fibre paper
Thick draft board
Speed 200
Power 100
3 passes
Auto

If was thinner would have been more in speed less on power!

6 Likes

Thank you for sharing!

I moved the whole post to Beyond the Manual since people generally look for settings there :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Gotta link to the product? Never heard of this stuff.

1 Like
4 Likes

Very cool, and similar to what I have been doing. I laser cut shapes out of thin fiber paper and put them underneath the glass to create an impression. My settings are Basic, speed 204, power 25, one cut. I also use this setting for watercolor paper!

4 Likes

This sounds cool, I’d love to see! Have you shared a pic? (I can’t recall if I’ve seen this or not.)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.