Has anybody else been keeping their Glowforge purchase a secret?

haha unfortunately I sometimes have to fight against my own instant gratification impulses :smile:

3 Likes

One more month down. . . Three more to go? ? ?

1 Like

Yes, the patience I display is totally out of character for me… I have no idea where it came from!

@jdodds, yes. Purely speculation, but I can’t help but think with several thousand units to be out by the end of June, the first will be rolling before much longer - but for all I know, the facilities contracted with may be able to satisfy that in a few weeks.

3 Likes

At this point it’s 111.11 units per day, 7 days/week, between now and June 30. That’s all parts manufactured, assembled, aligned, tested, packaged and onto a freight carrier vehicle.

Can you feel the walls closing in. . . :worried:

1 Like

I’m sure Dan & team are feeling it too!

Me Either!!! If I were to wait this long for anything else I would have either already pulled out all my hair or completely forgotten about the thing. I’m surprised I’m not a balding forgetful guy right now :wink:

1 Like

“Snap”

I’ve told loads of people when anything related comes up in conversation - one of my side projects involves laser cutting (via Ponoko, who I adore except for the 2-week turnaround time since I’m in Australia) for a niche market already so I talk to people often about cutting things, and most of my friends are aware that I’m pretty positive about digital fabrication in general. I’ve also had to tell my architect and builder, since buying the Glowforge meant I had to revise the joinery plans for the new workshop in the house rebuild we’re currently doing. It’s looking more and more like the Glowforge will arrive before the building is finished though so I’m wondering where I can even put it in the meantime… storage is not an option, of course! It’s a nice problem to have though.

My 7yo got the Glowforge confused with the 3D printer I bought a month ago, thinking we’d waited months for the printer, being excited that it arrived and then wondering why it could only do these tiny things (he was remembering some of the stuff made in the Glowforge ad, like the cardboard globe). He loves the printer but he really is impatient to get the laser :smiley:

3 Likes

I am a tech writer, too. Well, I was before I retired to raise the kiddos. Lucky that I get to be full-time momming; but I expect to shift back into writing later. Pretty cool that you can return the love to your dad. I applaud you.

2 Likes