Haunted Mansion spooky things

Here’s a few things I Glowforged up for our Haunted Mansion-themed guest room.

They are:
-Frames for two characters (based on Imagineers Marc Davis and Claude Coats) that I created for the Haunted Mansion comic that SLG Publishing put out a few years ago. These are based on the doorways designed by Rolly Crump.

-Glow in the dark “…and a ghost will follow you home” goodnight kiss (as they Disney folks call 'em)

-Bat frame for the back cover of the HM comic by Jon Morris. (I got to write the Hitchhiking Ghost’s backstories and he illustrated them).

-The door sign, based on the first words the Ghost Host speaks.

46 Likes

These are fantastic!

2 Likes

And here’s what the room, and some of the other artwork in it, looks like.

24 Likes

What she said, these are fantastic!

The welcome sign is in craft foam it looks like :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not sure how well I’d sleep in a haunted guest room, but the artwork rocks! (Particularly the details…candestick on the frame. Very neat!) :smile:

4 Likes

WOW,

I think for 2019 you people need to turn the talent down a bit. I am feeling out gunned. :slight_smile:
my guest room when assembled, merely holds a murphy bed my dad and I build along with custom book shelves that mount on the front. SHeesh gotta step up my guest room game BIG TIME

we moved and the bed is in pieces with the first coat of paint on it.

5 Likes

The purple bit is MDF board, the black is matte-finish mat board (which looks like craft foam, now that you mention it).

3 Likes

If the floor lowers then I’m outta here …:scream:

Unbelievable job!!! Can I visit?:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Impressive!

2 Likes

My guest room is full of boxes, so I’ve lowered the bar for you. :wink:

6 Likes

Ohmygosh, these things are amazing! I love them all but my favorite is those amazing frames in the first photo—such great detail.

I wanna stay there.

3 Likes

We, my wife and I appreciate your support. However, to be transparent. we have boxes in there too. :slight_smile:

they all have to come out so I can reassemble the murphy bed.

once the second coat of paint is on it.

3 Likes

AirBNB!

I really like those door frames…

3 Likes

Those frames really raise the bar!

1 Like

What?! I LOVE each and every design. Each is fabulous!!

2 Likes

Oh, my heart be still!!

2 Likes

These are totally amazing! Way out of my league!

I’m just shocked that I thought I was adding to the guest room when I put in a pencil cup with wi-fi, a tablet, and sudoku book!

5 Likes