Have any Pro e-mails been sent in the last 2 weeks?

I just received my email! Very surprisingly so, as I was mid-afternoon on day 2. I even checked and saw Day 1 earlier today on the banner. Now I’m really curious about the speed to ship to Texas!

15 Likes

I just got mine two hours ago and I can’t stop grinning!

18 Likes

Congrats! Mine was 4 business days from California to Central Texas, after it was shipped from the factory. Not sure what the current build/lead time times are.

3 Likes

It was about two and a half weeks for me between golden ticket and shipping notification. My Glowforge left the factory Friday and will be in the San Antonio area for delivery Thursday. Granted it sat in a regional facility for two days over the weekend, but that gives you a ball park

10 Likes

Great ballpark, thanks so much! @kennethclapp

1 Like

Just received the email. Ordered 9/25/ at 9:30-ish am.

14 Likes

Yay!!! to all those who received their emails! :tada::tada::tada::tada:

1 Like

Ok, what just happened. Feels like the flood gates just opened! Obvs, that’s a good thing but it’d be great to know what happened. Cangrats everyone, hoping for speedy delivery :slight_smile:

1 Like

Best day so far for visible emails I think. I count 14, all pro. Not a record for a week yet unless they ship some more this week.

3 Likes

Congrats to all the email recipients. This counts as a good day.

2 Likes

Great news !
Very happy for people who receive the golden ticket :slight_smile:

Do we have some statistics between basic and pro ? I think there are more basic than pro model.
Do they send as many pro as basics ? Or they keep “proportions” ?

1 Like

I got my email last night, and purchased a Pro at 7:28am pacific time on the 25th.

Watching all the amazing things being built has definitely made me feel inspired. I can’t wait to get started on this thing!

11 Likes

I think in total there are more pro orders than basic. Because pros started shipping later they are behind but I think they are shipping more at the moment to catch up with basics as they aim to finish together.

4 Likes

Thank you for the clarification

1 Like

Well given that it was only Tuesday when all of those emails went out, it may be a bit soon to start talking about records. At any rate, it’s some major progress after that last slow down. Personally, I welcome this forward momentum.

2 Likes

Yes it is positive but these are just emails, dispatches are lagging about four weeks behind. So people getting emails this week have a good chance of getting delivery in October. Something dramatic needs to happen for anybody else to.

Not saying the schedule will be met, but looks to me like something dramatic has happened. This thread just flooded with notifications, and these are a small sample of customers out there who are inclined to participate in the forum. The vast majority of customers have never shown their face here.

1 Like

It isn’t really a flood. I have seen 16 emails yesterday and none today. On 21 and 22nd August there were 15 and 3 more that week. So it isn’t the best week yet and doesn’t make up for two weeks of drought. Also the best week so far is a long way short of the number required to be on schedule.

We now would need to see 8 emails per day, every day, to complete the 30 day orders in the spreadsheet, 57 per week! And that is just emails. They would have to dispatch faster than that to catch up the four week backlog and then reduce dispatch time to zero just to have them all dispatched in October. To have them delivered they need to be even faster. That is why I said dramatic. It would go mental here. Imagine 57 people a week announcing they had the golden ticket?

2 Likes

Where is this spreadsheet I keep seeing mentioned?
GF email 9/8 arriving 9/24 OMG TODAY!!!
Proofgrade shipping notice 9/19 arrived 9/22

I just went through email, now I gotta clear off my work table

11 Likes

I feel that I’ve seen more stories and photos of Glowforges damaged in shipping over the last week and a half. (here and on Facebook) I feel that I saw at least one Glowforge per day that would need a replacement.

It makes me feel that they have a higher than expected number of replacement units going out which would lead to a slowdown of new letters being sent.

1 Like