Having fun storming the castle (1.0)

Wow. This is so great! Love it

I had never heard of it before, but Yestermorrow is an amazing name. I feel like it should be an alternate-future steampunk game of some type.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s very nice, maybe u can actually cut those marbles at the base of the castle and then glue them piece by piece to make it look more realistic. I have seen a lot of laser cut architecture models before, but this one is not bad at all. And since you and ur daughter got a whole month, lots can be improve. Iā€™m sure it will look professional a month later. Canā€™t wait to see.

1 Like

Was this project supposed to be carried out by the child, or was it an assignment given to encourage the student to get the parent to do most of the work? Just asking, because my childrenā€™s school projects were usually given so they could demonstrate their skills, not the parentā€™s.

1 Like

While I did the base design (the angled bottom part with rock pattern) she did all the drawing for the castle floors & roof patterns and we worked together to figure out the roof sections using math she understands. We need to redo the roof sections though because we miscalculated some of the angles. She helps load up the cut files and assembles the pieces as they come out of the printer (after she removes the protective paper), though we both work with gluing them since it takes both of us to hold them together. Sheā€™s getting pretty good with Illustrator and doesnā€™t need much help from me in it.

12 Likes