Hawaiian Topo!

I’ve been wanting to do this since I knew about the glowforge 2.5 years ago! A birthday gift for my husband! We love Hawaii! I need to glue it down still…

The last one is me calculating this huge project! Haha!

127 Likes

Oh, that is simply beautiful! Well worth all your effort! :grinning:

3 Likes

That looks great. I think the flat, engraved flower art really works well with the dimension of the stacked islands.

5 Likes

Yeah, it’s nice to do those of a place that has actual topography. Turned out beautiful! :grinning:

4 Likes

Wow, very nice!! I bet hubby will love it. I agree with jb, the flower engraving really makes the whole thing come together.

3 Likes

This is amazing! I love the work on this.

2 Likes

Very cool. I’m sure he’ll love this.

2 Likes

drooling

Wow, I need to literally just turn on alerts for every project you do. These are stunning! What are the dimensions? Because this certainly look large than the bed of the glowforge, but I can see the sections that you made.

PS I live roughly in this spot, so I can definitely vouch for your love of these beautiful islands!

19 Likes

I love that you knew what you wanted to do from the get go. So awesome to see it come to fruition.

2 Likes

When he sees it, I’m pretty sure my husband is going to want one, too! Awesome work!!!

1 Like

This is beautiful!! Is each layer equal to 500ft?
Awesome!

1 Like

Be sure to include a spot for two tickets also!

(This forum is the worst of enablers)

7 Likes

OK, I know it’s just me, but I prefer the last photo. That combination of your puzzled looks behind the maths is perfect !
:upside_down_face:

1 Like

I made a topo of Houston to figure where the flooding was

4 Likes

This is really great! Beautiful work!

I wanted to make one of Florida, but it’s flat. Nice work. Needs a whale out on the water.

1 Like

Beautiful and impressive. He will certainly love it!

Just have to work in the opposite. Continental shelf and upwards. I think all of the bridges would be cool also.

1 Like

28"x18"

One problem I’m having is how the sawdust / dust blew all into the flower engraving. I brushed it out, but it doesn’t have that dark burn look it’s faded. Anyone know how to fix that?

So as not to scrape away the char, which is the color (it can be fragile), I would use a squirt bottle with rubbing alcohol in it and blast it clean.

1 Like