Headphone case

This is a case design for corded iPhone style headphones. I needed something to keep my cat from running off with my headphones (anything sting-like belongs to him under some obscure cat law)

It’s a pretty simple two piece design.

I recommend building one in cardboard to make sure your particular headphones fit. My final was in .12 birch ply. Adjust as needed.

headphone case

And because someone will ask: I find the wireless “airpods” to be an audio engineering hate crime. They are acoustically harsh, never fully charged when I actually need them and intrinsically designed to occupy a landfill in less than 2 years. –end rant

Anyway, enjoy the file. :slight_smile:

46 Likes

but… but what about the “cool” factor of having a chunk of expensive white plastic sticking out of your ear?
also… lol:

6 Likes

This is GREAT. Even though I rarely use wired ones anymore, it is good to be able to store the 37 pairs I have. As to the dumb butts who use airpods…guilty as charged. I have had 3 pairs and a pair of the Pro version (which made my ears itch, like an allergy, so back to regulars). I do also have a set of AfterShokz Aeropex bone conduction headphones that I adore as well, and they have better battery life.

1 Like

+1 for Nada Surf

1 Like

This is very nice. I don’t like Air Pods either…they hurt my ears.

1 Like

Affectionately known as “Q Tips”.

2 Likes

Wired OR wireless they just fall out of my ears because I have defective traguses (the part of your ear that sticks back and holds them in place). Mine stick out instead of back. sigh

3 Likes

I knew I liked you :grin:

1 Like

Thank you for sharing this useful design.

1 Like

You have a 3D printer? What an excuse to buy one if not :grin:
There is an excellent deign for earrings that only work with about a third of folks, in the divot at the bottom of the ear or use similar design criteria that would fit only you :grin:

2 Likes

Oh, that’s slick–thanks @shogun!

1 Like

A guy after my own heart. I’ve been struggling with how to store my headphones. I never thought I would find a pattern (let alone free!) since all the “cool kids” are using the wireless ones. Thank you for making my day!

2 Likes

Ok. Stupid newbie question. I really like this and would like to make one. I see the image but I don’t see an svg file to download. What am I missing?

1 Like

Right click the line drawing under the photos and save as svg.

1 Like

Got it. So sorry to trouble you.

2 Likes