Heart Boxes - Or how I love to wait until the last POSSIBLE minute, doggone it!

Life is exciting on the edge. :sunglasses:

So late last night I decided to experiment with the PG veneer. If you cut it in the correct orientation and dampen it slightly before applying it, you can get a fairly tight curve in it, making little heart shaped boxes possible.

Didn’t have time to get too creative with the veneer, so these are going to be kind of plain, but they show great potential if I can ever get ahead instead of running behind all the time. :smile:

Happy Day of the :heart:!

55 Likes

…and back to you, Jules

The boxes are lovely. We can always count on you for some great innovations and experimental work.

3 Likes

Gosh, what gorgeous boxes! Did you have any issues where the edges meet? That’s where I always fail, but I’ll bet you’ve got a method that works. Do tell!

4 Likes

Not really too bad. I scored across the center point of the veneer to weaken the folding line, then wrapped each side up and tucked it into the top of the heart.

(I did have to do a couple of iterations, because although I’d planned for the tops to wedge each other in place, I didn’t have the area to hold them wide enough for both to fit, so I had to shave a little off of one side for that prototype.) :roll_eyes:

First one I did was the little one, using up scraps, and then enlarged it for the larger boxes. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Wow! That large one with the scored veneer is really something!

2 Likes

Wow! You always amaze me. Lovely work!

3 Likes

These are LOVEly!

3 Likes

The boxes are extremely creative! And you manage to give so many positive comments on others work. You rock!

4 Likes

Again…gorgeous work!!! And life’s no fun if predictable and common…better to live on the edge…lmao :rofl:

3 Likes

Nice! Cleverly done!

3 Likes