Hello! 1st design USMC EGA

Good morning everyone. I’ve only had my glowforge for a week and the learning curve came more with using inkscape versus using the GF. Lol. I now see that you can add a cut line but still do something(unknowingly) to where the GF will only engrave. Only does that on one design of mine. No worries though scrapped it and starting from scratch.

That being said I just wanted to share my first piece with you all and say good luck with your projects. This machine is AMAZING! I’m a USMC combat vet and wanted to do something for the Marine Corps’ birthday. Thanks and be safe!

35 Likes

Welcome to the forum.
Thank you for your service!
Thanks for sharing your project. You are off to a good start.

4 Likes

Thank you I truly appreciate that. You’re welcome and I’ll try to post more soon. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Very sharp! (And thank you for your service. It’s much appreciated.) :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Welcome to the community! Great first project! Thank you for your service!

3 Likes

Welcome, and nice start to honor the Marines!
Hope you find the Inkscape curve flattens out quickly as you do more jobs & expand capabilities!

3 Likes

Make a vector circle in Inkscape and have it ready to add to designs when something happens like this.

If you want to post a screenshot of the GFUI with operations we can help pinpoint any issues.

Keep posting. Thanks for your service and good luck. There are lots of Inkscape tips and tricks in that category and we will always help if you get stuck.

4 Likes

Thanks for your service!! Happy MC Birthday and Veterans Day!!

3 Likes

Nailed it!

2 Likes

There is a learning curve with the various softwares, but the excitement of learning will carry you through! Thank you for serving your country!

1 Like

Very BIG THANK YOU to everyone here. I truly appreciate, and am humbled by, all of your kind words and encouragement! Amazing group of folks.

Thanks a lot! I appreciate that. No worries though I think that my curiosity caused a rookie mistake in my inkscape episode. :joy: I’m back to cutting now so I’m grateful for that lesson. I will create an SVG circle though so thanks for that idea :sunglasses:.

I’m sure I’ll have many more questions for you don’t worry. lol.

1 Like

Thanks! I’m trying. lol.

1 Like

You’re welcome and absolutely correct. I sat up for a few hrs each day for 3 days just experimenting and watching inkscape videos. I wanted to create something really bad. Lol. Very excited to see what’s in the future for my GF.

2 Likes

Good start, thank you for serving.

Thanks Pauline I appreciate that. I’m definitely trying. Lol

SFMF. What file did you use?