Hello World (beta project)

…tators…now I’m hungry and I just had mashed potatoes for dinner. Guess I’ll roast up some tater tots when I get home.

2 Likes

We’re definitely going to have public beta users outside of Seattle - but for now, we have so many great applicants in Seattle, that it’s better to start here. It lets us do stuff like have them by the office, drive over to troubleshoot problems in situ, etc.

15 Likes

Yep. Ton of work to do a good job as a beta tester - worth it back in January, not sure if it would be something I’d jump into this close to shipping.

3 Likes

Casuals… I am in Australia

2 Likes

[raises hand] I live in Seattle. (Ok, not IN Seattle, but close, and I work in Seattle… I can take the Link practically to your door!) Pick me! Pick me! [/lowers hand]

3 Likes

I am sure the “planning trouble” avatar of yours has not dissuaded them one bit from equipping you with dangerous toys :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

That makes sense. Seattle must be a great area for this sort of testing.

Muahahahaha! If I ever were to get a tattoo, my avatar would be it.

I laughed so hard when I read your reply! I’m 3 hours away (Or 2.5 hours + speeding ticket) from G-Headquarter and I’m in a different COUNTRY… LOL LOL LOL (So close right??? Practically in their backyard!)

6 Likes

Comparatively to one on the east coast such as I where it’s a 3-4 day drive at ~3000 miles you are in their backyard.

2 Likes

It’s possible to get from Sydney to Seattle by commercial airline before you left. (International dateline) The Australian GF buyers clearly win. Of course going the other way is a real bear.

8 Likes

“Breaking News: Seattle’s Population Soars as Glowforge Begins Releasing Public Beta Units”

I could see it as a headline

8 Likes

If you’re only cutting a half hour off your drive, you aren’t speeding properly enough for it to be worth the ticket

4 Likes

LOL - Had to factor in those Starbucks stops! :wink:

Those State Troopers are everywhere!