HELP! Is the fuzzy appearance a problem?

I’m a newbie and need an answer in a bad way.

Why is this fuzzy appearing? Will that carry over into the end result?

the fuz could be part of the original image or it could be that you need to use set focus or it could be that your lens is in backwards.

1 Like

That looks like noise from the original image. (And yes it will be printed.)

Most folks use a program like GIMP or Photoshop to try to clean that up before printing it. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Those speckles may not be easily seen in your original design but they are there. It’s a problem with the file itself.

2 Likes

Looks like a jpg. Open it in something like paint.net and erase all the crap you don’t want or you could try to trace bit map in inkscape, otherwise the finished product will look just like that.

1 Like

Thank you for the quick responses. My next problem could be finding an app to do these things on that is compatible with a Chromebook…

Can anyone provide guidance for that?

I googled Apps like Paint for Chromebooks and this popped up.

2 Likes

I tried cleaning it up and saved it as a .svg
helmet

8 Likes

Thank you! Now if I can get it to save.

Here is the .jpg that my administrator just sent me. Will the fuzziness on the actual spartan be ok???

That’s because it is using convert to dots and the image likely isn’t solid true black - convert to dots is using dithering to try and represent the shade.

You can use one of the graphic options (like SD Graphic) or use vari-power in the manual settings for a solid fill.

1 Like

It is already a svg so you can send it to the glowforge as is.

I’m sorry that your print didn’t turn out. To answer your software question; you can create Glowforge-compatible files from a variety of different software platforms like Adobe Illustrator, Inkscape, CorelDraw, Adobe Photoshop, GIMP, Autodesk Fusion 360, & Sketchup. Check out First Prints Page for a little extra guidance with your first prints. I’m going to close this thread - Thanks for the help everyone!

1 Like