Help me please!

hi im wondering if the glowforge basic can do this??? see how the bear is cut out and the details on top are engraved… can the basic do this and if so how?? cuz i cant figure it out for the life of me!

Yes, the basic can do this. It looks to me like the details are engraved, perhaps on white or frosted acrylic or something similar. Do you know the material? Then the bear and strap hole are cut out. Do you have a file with this graphic or something similar? It needs to include cut lines for the bear and strap hole. Then either a bit map or vector design to engrave the bears details.

1 Like

its acrylic… I use adobe illuster and I know how to cut things out I just don’t understand how to tell the glowforge to do the engraving details at?

I use colors for the different paths. Cut = red, engrave = blue… GF seems to always guess right

If you want something to be engraved, it has to be either a filled shape, not a line, or it needs to be a bitmap. Even a wide line will not be engraved because the Glowforge ignores line width.

A lot of this info is covered in the tutorials in the Glowforge Tips and Tricks category. Here is a link to one to get you started:

8 Likes

I did this as a Christmas ornament. The experts above have spoken . Hopefully you get this worked out.

3 Likes

Sounds like you skipped over the First Three Prints tutorial when you got your machine: https://glowforge.com/support/topic/first-three-prints/welcome-to-the-glowforge-app-and-your-first-prints

Seriously, it will teach you everything you need to know about how the machine works - then you can art it up any way you want :smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.