Help new user

Greetings Im a newbie>. I have watched videos but my home page do not have an design library. How do I design?

1 Like

Welcome.

1. Purchase SVG files from Etsy and all over the Internet.
  2. Teach yourself a graphics art program. Adobe, Inkscape, Corel Draw, Affinity Designer, etc.
  3. If you are a premium member you can use the GF interface.
  4. Search for free SVG files all over the Internet
  5. Here in the community members give their free designs to everyone.

If you want to design your own files you will need to learn how to use a program. These websites have many different courses to choose from. Udemy.com lynda.com skillshare.com

4 Likes

Thank you! After connecting to the Glowforge WiFi I went to the app.Glowforge but the page says which applies to me but I don’t know where to go next

1 Like

How do I become a premium member

1 Like

I think you get a free trial at first.

1 Like

Have you tried:

5 Likes

It is extremely important you read the manual!!! You do not want to do something that could cause damage to your machine.

I am going to be very honest with you. If you do not want to read or research topics concerning the GF——it would be best if you sell the machine. There is an insane amount of experimentation with the GF. There is also an endless amount of knowledge to learn regarding the GF and all of its entities.

The Glowforge is an absolutely incredible piece of technology but it only works properly if you know what you are doing.

Can you answer this question correctly?

The Glowforge is starting a 30 minute print. What are you planning to do during this time?

A. Stand over the Glowforge and watch the laser move
B. Take a little nap
C. Wrap Christmas presents
D. Go to the kitchen and make dinner
E. Have a conversation on the phone with a Glowforge technical support person.

Here is manual

4 Likes

welcome to the fantabulous world of Glowforge.

you have in your hands the power to create and destroy.

Create wonderful things that friends and family will be amazed at.

you can also destroy your glowforge, and possibly your home.

not to sound alarming. but it does burn things. burning leads to small fire, small fire leads to big fire, big fire leads to destruction.

you have to be careful what you put into it. vinyl for example will corrode the imporant insides of your machine if you try working with it. in a nutshell.

I never ever leave my glowforge running by itself. originally I’d entertained that I would put a camer above it so I could watch it. then I realized, running up 14 steps from the first floor to the office is more than long enough to have a disaster.

read the manual. FOLLOW the manual. the amount of knowledge running around this place is astounding. do the first prints. get a feel for what things are supposed to look like when done.

then you can learn to sort out what might be a problem, and then you’ll know enough to ask the right question to get you going on the right track.

best of luck! and again welcome to the party.

2 Likes

Welcome to the Glowforge community, @paulinewilsonwhyte! We have lots of helpful users here, as I’m sure you’ve noticed, so I’m going to move this post to Everything Else so the conversation can continue there.

Of course, if you are having any trouble with your Glowforge, please start another thread or reach us at support@glowforge.com.

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.