HELP PLEASE! I'm lost

I am having issues with my laser cutter and I just want to cry. I have cleaned it thoroughly but it still doesnt cut through . If I do a 2 pass it burns the hell out of my designs. Now today its not etching. Because I’m using purebond and whiteboard Glowforge cannot help. My warrenty is up next week and I’m beside myself. I have wasted sooooo much material and I have orders to make. ANY suggestions out there?
At my witts end. Thanks for any suggestions in advance

OK, step away from the glowforge, now breath… . deep breaths in, out your mouth…

GOOD… feel calmer?

Check to make sure your lens is in properly, It feels like its not, take the lens removal tool, and take out the lens, is it clean? great! NOW put the lens back in (cup side IN)

Do another test?

DID IT WORK?
(if it didn’t can you post a picture of the lens installed?)

let us know!!!

Jonathan

4 Likes

Do you have any other material to use to do some tests? You can even use cardboard or regular typing paper to get an idea of whether or not your Glowforge is functioning.

6 Likes

cup side UP

5 Likes

Check the support page on cleaning and make sure you’re cleaning ALL the optics – a lot of people miss one, and that really makes a difference.

4 Likes

Part of support’s troubleshooting is to print a known good file, the GOGM on a piece of known material, some proofgrade, to see if the machine is working properly. If that comes out good, it’s going to be an issue of testing your chosen material to dial-in the settings.

3 Likes

Just read #5, it has everything you need, including detailed instructions about checking lens orientation and cleaning procedures.

4 Likes

Me thinks the OP solved her problem, and never looked at the thread again.

Jonathan

3 Likes

Thanks for all the input. I will be trying all suggestions today. Your input is greatly appreciated.

5 Likes

So I did the good measure print and I video taped it and it was on proofgrade material. The machine now makes a noise when it starts , the cut did not go through but it did etch( this time). That being said I have sent video to glowforge as I used the proofgrade material (med. draft board) . Hopefully they can establish what the problem is.

3 Likes

Good move. An advantage of the connectivity is the machine generates logs that support can analyze.

1 Like