HELP. Take this logo and make it engravable please!

I do not know why this will not engrave on walnut. I have tried settings suggested on the forums here and it is still not working. I was given this file from my customer and I thought it would be a simple project. Well, I have been playing with it and I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I could really, really use some help!
Can you guys see if you can get this into a working file to engrave on wood?

This is what I made to engrave, but it is not working.
Mike and Sons Painting and Mike ans Sons Painting black with strokes
This is the result with settings on 790/full/225:

I opened your file and looked at it in outline view (I use Affinity Designer) There are tons of overlapping lines.

Try rastering that logo and see what happens.

5 Likes

It looks to me like you scored rather than engraving, and since you’ve got a bazillion duplicate vectors in your artwork they canceled each other out in most areas.

I downloaded the pink SVG, removed the fill, and offset all the individual curves so you can see the duplicates, and this is what resulted:

4 Likes

Try this one

Mike and Sons ltd logo.zip (8.3 KB)

5 Likes

OMG. What a mess! I thought I could just take her PNG and then Trace Bitmap. LOL Nope.

2 Likes

I am gonna try it! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

2 Likes

I wish I could kiss you right now!! You saved my butt, man. Thank you, thank you, thank you for helping me out!!!

2 Likes

No problem. Glad I could help

4 Likes

I am nowhere near a graphic designer, being at this for about a month now. I haven’t a clue on how you figured that out. Goals, man…goals. :blush: I am using Inkscape and my background is Cricut Design Space.

3 Likes

I have much to learn yet. Thanks for trying to help. Much appreciated.

1 Like

You’ll get there. I use Affinity Designer, but there are a lot of Inkscape users here, so you’ll be able to get plenty of advice when you need it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I took the original image, did a bitmap trace, broke it apart and deleted all the text, replacing it with text from the app (inkscape). Did some adjustments to the fill and stroke. That was it

2 Likes

There’s some excellent tutorials on inkscape right here in the forum. One in particular helped me tremendously when I started. I’ll see if I can find it.

1 Like

This… this reached through the thick membrane to my little pea brain and helped me so much.

4 Likes

wow…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.