Help with making a silhouette

I am a new user hoping someone can help! I have a png image that I converted to an svg. I basically want a silhouette of the image. I want to cut along the outside and inside of the bold lines so that when printed, the bold lines themselves create an outline. I got it to work, but the lines are too thin. Any advice on how to increase the width of the lines so that the lines of the outline are thicker?? image

1 Like

I’m not sure what you are asking, but in inkscape I just duplicated the vector image and used dynamic offset.

drawing

3 Likes

You can right click and download this image, it will open as an svg and you can see if it works for you. Again, I converted it to a vector file, duplicated it, and used dynamic offset to drag where I wanted it to be, then converted that to an object

1 Like

If using Illustrator, select the image. Object. Offset path. Set how many pixels/inches/whatever you want to grow the image. Confirm. Then select both images and Pathfinder. Combine. Or delete the original image. Or drag the original to the side so that you still have it for later.

EDIT: you can also do a negative number to shrink the image.

2 Likes

OK, thank you all so much for your help. I’ve been using Inkscape, so I will try your suggestions. Thanks again!

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.