Hexacopter Design - Snap Fit

Acetal (chemical name) is also known as Delrin (brand name), that will make your searches much easier.

3 Likes

Last time I checked there wasnā€™t a Proofgrade option. Itā€™s also called polyoxymethylene, POM, and polyacetal. I use McMaster for most of my materials.

These are the black and white sheets I used:

Not sure how much laser power variation there is, but I used full power on both, speed of 150 for cutting black, and 145 for cutting white. Sometimes the material I ordered was a little warped so I used magnets to hold the sheets flat. Definitely use those at your own risk, I manually moved the laser head over the magnets holding the sheets down before I ran it, to make sure the magnets would be more attracted to the crumb tray and not the moving parts.

8 Likes

I have found that ePlastics is less expensive, but this may change. I buy a lot of Delrin for my multitools.

7 Likes

Nice! Yeah definitely cheaper than McMaster, and they have blue. I was hoping there would be more color options but I havenā€™t found any.

Another thing that Iā€™ve grown to like about the ePlastics Delrin is that it is flat and has a smooth surface. I bought some from Midland Plastics and it was warped and had saw mark swirls in it (which surprised me).

2 Likes