Hey guys, We are sponsoring a foster child who has one request "hair things"

Of course, I am making her loads of other things, Bookmarks, Jewelry, snowflakes … everything with her name on it, being a foster kid I know sometimes people take your stuff, it’s not foolproof but hopefully, she will hang onto it longer, I am wondering if anyone has designs for hair items? Or have any other Ideas of what I should make for her. It’s hard because all I have is her name, what she wants, and her age which is 11. I have no clue what she likes, dislikes, ect.

3 Likes

opps wrong post!

Couple of really nice ones in the catalog. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

They are all accents, which is great but not what I am looking for. You know the bun holder things made out of leather that you put the chopstick things through lol, I can make my own but was hoping someone may have one on hand :smiley:

Chuckle! Got short curly hair, so that’s outside of my purview. (But i’ll bet you could make one no sweat.)

1 Like

For some reason I always pictured you with spiky hair Jules. Don’t know why!

4 Likes

Perhaps my choice of avatar? :smile:

4 Likes

If you haven’t gotten around to it yet, here are 3 basic designs I threw together after you inspired me. I was wanting something small to make for gifts and you provided the perfect inspiration.

These are 3-1/2 inches long by 1-3/8 to 1-1/2 tall with 3/16 inch diameter holes for your choice of stick (dowel pin, chopstick, whatever). You might want to make the holes larger if needed, just watch your edge distances so you don’t get tear-out.

leather hair barrettes copy

Have fun.

Edit: replaced file

3 Likes

Thank you <3 you’re awesome

1 Like

Oops. I’m sorry.

I’ll replace the link on this thread, but I put a correct version here:

https://community.glowforge.com/t/free-design-hair-barrettes/15390