Hey, I Remember this Guy

Glowforge gets in legal tangle with tech ‘activist’ who questions safety of startup’s laser engravers

1 Like

Many of us rerember him…and not all of us fondly.

12 Likes

Yes, he could be a bit … mischievous. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

He could be really helpful one moment, and then off his rails the next. Very interesting personality though. I kind of missed him when he was gone, but then it was so much calmer after too.

15 Likes

I am willing to put up with a lot of crazy to get good information and he had a lot of details, but then he burned it all when he left. Although the personality issues have become increasingly obvious I never did understand the specifics of the blow up.

6 Likes

felt like he was always looking for a reason to be mad at someone. eventually he found enough reason to literally go through and delete all of his posts, which is a pretty hardcore slash and burn on the way out the door.

i don’t have time in my life for that.

12 Likes

Big part of the issue, he was more than happy to rib the next guy, but don’t dare crack a joke involving him. That’s just targeted and wrong. And while he isn’t without evidence, think he missed the bigger picture about what the actual occurrence numbers were like via percentage.

9 Likes

When I’m dying I don’t want to be thinking about the life minutes I wasted being childish or seeking revenge. I have a feeling I won’t be nearly as cavalier about spending that time in that way when I’m staring the end clock in the face.

10 Likes

if i seek revenge, you’ve earned it. it takes a lot to get me there, but if you do, beware. i don’t play fair. but it’s not worth it unless you’ve really screwed me over.

6 Likes

I may have missed it, but I didn’t see mention that he runs a Glowforge-based FB group…

2 Likes

I thought it was stated above that he doesn’t actually run a facebook group? Just participates and gets mad when people don’t do what he tells them to do?

But maybe that was a different thread or I am thinking of someone else?

6 Likes

Unless something has changed, he was the one who started the FB page…and is the admin.

5 Likes

Maybe they were referring to a different group where he was just a member?

I bet he is in more than one FB group. Not just his own.

5 Likes

I could definitely be wrong. I don’t spend a lot of time thinking about him. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.