🌺 Hibiscus 7 Layer Art

This is a pretty cool design that I purchased from Etsy after searching for yellow hibiscus.

It is seven layers, and the design needed to be scaled down 92% to fit into the cutting area.

Spray-painted parts and assembly:

One day I need to figure out how to design something like this myself….

(garage contents in front of the house right now, keeping it classy)

47 Likes

That turned out really pretty! Certainly belongs in Hawaii!!!

9 Likes

Nicely completed project and garage clean out. Win win.

8 Likes

that flower practically jumps out at you; keep it at the shop and everyone will know the coffee is strong. I love your choice of colors!

9 Likes

This is so pretty!! I love it.

7 Likes

I did not go there, but MC did do a reasonable hibiscus raster where each color of gray could be a new layer. If one spit the mask of each as vectors and played from there in Inkscape one could get a manageable result. I went with a depth engrave instead but the process would be similar.

this…

became… hybiscut

9 Likes

Mahalo @rvogt @dklgood @kelley1 @trually and @rbtdanforth

Ahh the garage could be cleaner… the mess gets smaller and smaller each time we tackle it… but it is usually every 3-4 years…

It is going to the kid’s school for the class to decorate further for an auction.

Great idea to play with MC.

12 Likes

Great colors!! Nice!

7 Likes

whew I know I need a nap when it took me like 3 minutes to figure out what MC was. :smiley:

8 Likes

Looks great

6 Likes

The layered designs give so much pop! Nice work!

6 Likes

I mean it sounds like you’re on the right track then. The mess isn’t growing. lol

5 Likes

Beautiful! I also haven’t really figured out how to design those, but I made my first shadow box last month. It was so stupidly simple that I was mad at myself for putting it off so long. This doesn’t seem quite as simple, though.

6 Likes

Beautiful! Now do another one that’s flipped the opposite direction so you can have two facing each other! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Lovely!

I especially love the painting can be done one layer at a time

5 Likes

Love those rich colors!!!

4 Likes

Gosh, that’s gorgeous! Would also be neat to shrink it even more and cut it out of colored cardstock.

4 Likes

Mahalo @MakerMatthew @trually @wenning08 @ptodd @ellencadwell @ChristyM @Thumper369 @techquest89 @cynd11

This would be cool out of card stock also… one day. The designer gives access to a free download if you post photos of your created version to etsy, which I haven’t done yet.

9 Likes