Hobbits for the neighborhood: Work in Progress

Like I said, it’s a work in progress. I plan to add more details. What I was thinking of was a sign in elvish typography that reads “ Dogs, please don’t pee on me.”

11 Likes

Haha, that is very creative.

3 Likes

Ahhh! I love this so much.

3 Likes

I love this idea.

2 Likes

This is sooo fun! Now you need to install a trail cam so you can see people’e reactions!

7 Likes

Great idea! And +1 on the trail cam. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I need a little hill on my property just so that I can copy this idea.

2 Likes

you might want to look at Micro clover seeds instead of grass. Grass will cover your door and have to be cut. Clover is low maintenance and good for your lawn.

5 Likes

This would be fantastic for geocaching.

6 Likes

I love this, it might just inspire me to make some hidden treasures for our neighbourhood! Thanks for sharing!

4 Likes

Oh my goodness!!! This is sooooo cute!!!

1 Like

That is super cute! I’m a big hobbit fan, so that makes it all the better. A friend of mine is one of the owners of Blue Toucan Studios (shameless plug for a friend) and I love seeing their doors around Rochester NY. http://www.bluetoucanstudios.com/#fairydoors!

Even got a special one made, inspired by a favorite SyFi series. Lives on my desk!

7 Likes

Amazing! My daughter and I have been doing the same thing! Just logged on to post a few simple doors in the free laser designs and saw yours. Which is so much nicer. Going to have to up our game!

4 Likes

Fellow Rochesterian! I went to school at RIT - I’m in the Hudson Valley now. I’m going to check out Blue Toucan right now!

1 Like

i did not see the download link

I don’t think there is a download link. This is the Made on a Glowforge category. When someone shares a file it is in the Free Laser Design category.

1 Like

She did link it up further in the post, a few down from her original. Hobbit Hole #homemade

2 Likes

Hi,

Do you have pdf for these? They look awesome

I linked to my files at the bottom of my original post. For your convenience, here’s the link:

3 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile: and wishes from Finland

2 Likes