Holder for Dad's Remotes (and other stuff)

Sorry, but I had to laugh at this whole description of your process :joy:…I’ve done similar SO many times I can’t even count. I sort of got a mental image in my mind of you frantically trying to make this perfect…which I’m sure has happened to many of us. It still looks wonderful and no one but yourself would know any differently. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

It’s gorgeous! Seriously, anymore perfect and he wouldn’t want to use it! Wow! Kudos girl!

6 Likes

Totes. I like to run a minimum of 7 prototypes before I’ll display anything. (Maximum was about 18 I believe.) :wink:

3 Likes

Beautiful!

2 Likes

Whoa. I’m not NEARLY that patient. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Outstanding!

1 Like

You are making a serious impact on the beauty of their new surroundings. I sure hope you get to visit them sooner rather than later. There are so many folks that won’t understand why no one comes to visit them all of a sudden. I worry about our vulnerable people in group living arrangements who are suddenly quite isolated. Happily your parents have each other.

4 Likes

Their facility has been super proactive, which I really appreciate, but the 'rents are definitely going kind of stir crazy. :slight_smile:

The facility has set up a system for sending stuff to folks – they put shelves outside the main entrance that you can place things on, and their staff will come out and sanitize things and then take them to the recipients. So I’m sending over a care package via my Hubs today with some games they like, a pot of scallions from the garden (Mom was complaining that she could make ramen but it wouldn’t taste right without them), some cookies Gkid made, and the remote holder, etc. Hopefully it will brighten their day a little!

6 Likes

It looks outstanding to me and it will to your dad as well! Nevermind the imperfections only you will see when you can finally visit them again. Just refrain from pointing them out - you can’t unsee once you know… :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I have one of those on my desk at work too :slight_smile:

I wonder how many of them are dealing with it. Profoundly sad. My f-i-l passed away last year this time. He wouldn’t have understood at all why no one came to visit (my wife was there every single day for the previous couple of years). We took one vacation in that time and he freaked out that she didn’t come for a week.

We made friends with a really nice lady in his facility that was really quite rational whose family doesn’t visit much so we kind of all mutually adopted each other. She is so happy when we visit and I collect soda can tabs that she then gives to one of the nurses who takes them wherever soda can tabs go to be turned into something charitable. She’ll go around and show all the other residents the cup or baggie of tabs that I’ve saved up since the last visit (I drink a sleeve of Diet Coke a day so they do accumulate :slight_smile: ). She’s just thrilled that someone comes and visits and more so that someone remembers her during the week. And now she and all the other residents are limited to staff visits :frowning:

5 Likes

@Jules, how do you manage your time? You make helpful contributions in most every post, you produce beautiful objects with your GF, and you run minimum 7 prototypes?

2 Likes

@geek2nurse congratulations, it´s a beautiful piece. If I were your Dad I would be very proud to showcase this in my home!

2 Likes

Oooooo, gorgeous!

1 Like

Let me put it this way…production is way down these days. :smile: :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you. He told me “just cardboard or something is fine.” But he also carried around a reject piece from my crane lantern build for a week, showing it to all his friends there, so I knew I needed to come up with something above and beyond. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Very nice.

1 Like

Incredible! This is one of those projects that took my breathe away when the pic came up. Well done.

1 Like

It’s not snow missing… its an early Spring melt! You did a beautiful job so enjoy it while you can!

1 Like

Derivative work. My daughter drew scene. Bonus points if you find the hidden cat she snuck in design… :wink:

7 Likes

Excellent adaptation. One of the great things about this community is how we keep improving because of one another. Your daughter’s drawing is great, and I think the cat is by the smallest tree???

2 Likes