Holds Cards and Glows Under a Black Light

Learned to play a card game a while back called Hand, Foot Elbow. There are times during the game that you may have as many as 35 cards in your hand at one time, not so easy to do. Designed and printed these card holders using 7 layers of thick fluorescent acrylic, (less than 2 full sheets of acrylic per holder), that provide 3 rows to hold cards held together with 2 binder screws. The holders will actually hold a full deck of playing cards with no problem.

35 Likes

Cool, got any pics of them glowing?

That looks like a fair amount of acrylic, roughly how many GF-sized sheets did it take?

12 Likes

Nicely done. These would be great for people that have difficulty holding any number of cards - including kids.

15 Likes

Picture #5 is a picture of the glowing. As stated in the description, 2 sheets of thick acrylic per holder. Thanks.

12 Likes

Very true. We have a friend who has Kennedy’s Disease, this makes playing card possible for him.

11 Likes

Very nice! Love the acrylic.

I just made a set of five from fabric for our house, and then started another set for one of my sisters.

11 Likes

very nice card holders! Looks like a godsend to those of us having more and more whoopsie! moments.

11 Likes

This turned out great. I have made some in the past for my grandkids but it doesn’t hold near this many cards!

6 Likes

Love it.

Does the acrylic make it possible to get a sense of what’s in someone else’s hand? Wondering if there are any edge reflections or anything.

I know “that’s cheating” unfortunate some I play with call it pressing your advantage

7 Likes

Great idea and execution! I sure could use one of those.

8 Likes

I’ve played Hand & Foot before, but no Elbow! And yes, the hand cramps from holding lots and lots of cards! Great way to come up with a holder for them! Is there a problem with the acrylic being somewhat reflective? Seems that would make it easier for others to see what’s in your hand. Just wondering.

6 Likes

I wonder if frosted acrylic would prevent reading the reflection?

4 Likes

Ah, reading comprehension. Sorry. Nice project.

I would think so.

1 Like

Good question… as you can see in the picture attached, there is no reflection of the front of the card.

5 Likes

Good question… there is no reflection of the front of the card. I have added a picture to show.

2 Likes

Good question… there is no reflection of the front of the card. I have added a picture to show.

1 Like

Awesome. Thank you!

2 Likes