Holiday Designs - Catan Board problem

I’m so excited we have a Catan board as one of the Holiday limited edition patterns - but I have a couple of problems I’m not sure how to fix.

I did see @kong58 mentioned in another post that the pattern set was missing the grain tiles, and @geek2nurse very graciously shared a link to the pdf containing all the pieces - however, I’m not sure how to extract only the grain pieces from the entire pdf. Even if I am able to do that, how can I ensure they are exactly the same size as the 12 other pieces I’ve already cut out? I’d really rather not have to start over and essentially waste the wood I’ve already used.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated - thank you!

EDITED TO ADD: I also forgot to mention that the sheep pattern we received is giving me an error message when I try to cut it - it says there’s a path that needs to be closed in order for it to cut? Sorry for the vague wording - I’ve already closed that window and wanted to add this quickly before I forgot again.

3 Likes

You should be Ankle to upload the new pdf you downloaded then just delete the bits you don’t want.

There are rules in the GFUI so you can verify size, or just print one on some scrap and compare.

Do you mean to open the entire PDF into the Glowforge app? I tried that and it gave me an error.

I thought I could crop the PDF to just what I need, but I don’t have Acrobat and Word won’t convert it because it’s too large. Maybe some nice soul here can crop it for me - or maybe we can get the missing file from Glowforge? :smile:

I just tried it and the file errors out - probably because of the fonts.

Looks like you’re going to have to wait for the GF staff to help out. We’re not allowed to share their designs. Sorry :frowning:

1 Like

If you want to share a link to the discussion/post you mention, I’d be happy to take a look.

Original post

Here you go - thank you!

And like was said… this was not a fix. And without an external program to split up the PDF you cannot separate the pieces in the gf app.

I’m sorry for the trouble. The design has now been updated, here are steps to access the current version:

• Click on the present icon in the top-right corner
  • Click on the “Download your Catan board” link

I’m going to close this ticket. If you run into trouble again, or have any questions, please post a new topic here on the forum or email us at support@glowforge.com and we’ll be happy to help!

5 Likes