Home Depot walunt ply - walunt on only one side

The Home Depot Maple project panels were mentioned favorably here, so I ordered a box, and they are nice. I also ordered a box of the walnut project panels, which are only walunt on one side and cost about 1/3 more than the maple. So only get the walunt if you have a one sided project.

9 Likes

Huh! This is the Columbia stuff?

Got a pic and/or an SKU?

7 Likes
4 Likes

It does say it in the description, but I didn’t realize that that was a “feature” that I needed to look for.

7 Likes

Huh I don’t know that I would have noticed that either.

I guess it might be good for contrasting inlay jobs?

5 Likes

I had this same issue. It wasn’t what I expected, but it ended up being some of my favorite ply to work with.

12 Likes

I’ve learned to be very careful when ordering CFP. Some species/thickness combos are matching ply while others are aren’t.

7 Likes

Plywood of this variety is typically intended to be used as a cabinet back, where only one side has cosmetic value, the other being placed against a wall. If your project is going to be using thin wood and double sided, you would typically use solid wood that doesn’t require special processing for the edge faces.

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.