Home of the New York Mets

Citi Field - 6 layers (including 6" square base) of proofgrade Maple plywood, made on a Glowforge Pro, cut time just under 30 minutes.

This model I struggled with deciding how big I wanted it to be, but I think I came up with a good balance for a desktop model. Just large enough to include some of the cool details like the corner walkway bridge and miniature baseball diamond at the rear of the park, but not really large enough to include the monolithic scoreboards. The model would have to be twice this size in order to include the signs with a worthy amount of detail, but I think this works. :slight_smile:

33 Likes

What a great project. Great result.

3 Likes

I love it when we burn up some 3D items on our Glowforge machines! What a cool project and an excellent outcome!

4 Likes

It looks great! But that unweeded capital “D” is bugging me. :laughing:

9 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face: Now to yyodyne2112’s credit, we should take it as a work in progress as photos were snapped along the way. Am I seeing an optical illusion of un-weeded seats behind home plate?

5 Likes

I love all the little details.

4 Likes

Look closely at the left side walkway, I missed a bunch there, there’s a stray piece in the curved tiles at the front of the ticket windows, and another stray piece in far right field… all evidence that I was up past my bedtime. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Oh, there was a lot that I missed while assembling and taking pics, but I think I’ve found them all. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice presentation and design. The picture makes it look huge. Nice details.

4 Likes

Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Really enjoying your series on stadiums. Any plans on doing Busch?

4 Likes

Love it! They all look amazing!

4 Likes

I’ve decided to continue adding as many as I can gather data to create. I will add Busch Stadium to the growing list of requests. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

They look fantastic and I am really enjoying seeing them.

3 Likes

Super! I love it because I’m a Mets fan (someone has to be, it balances the Force). It’s actually somewhat relaxing knowing from the start of the season that no matter how good things look, they’ll find some way to miss the post-season. So there’s really nothing terribly significant at stake and the games can be enjoyed just for the sport. All of those people who are fans of Series-capable teams must get heartburn as the season plays out. Stress, who needs it ?:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like