I finally got my cooling system up and running and it works great. It was 82 with the humidity in the room and with this running i got the GF well within the operating temp. I used a 240 mm radiator with 2 120 mm fans operated by a separate switch so I can control the speed. The cooling is done with a tub of water cooled down with ice from the fridge being pumped with a small fish tank pump. While the water will eventually warm up to room temp, i have a thermometer in the water to monitor the temp and can ice as needed. I will need a little big pump though so the tub doesn’t have to be right under the GF but that’s a easy fix. All parts purchased through Amazon for less than $100.
I covered the vent on my table and tested the temp, within minutes it was down to 68 well within the needed range to work. I think it would have went even cooler but I was just testing to ensure the air coming through was being cooled enough. I took the cover off and it did warm up some to 70 with the surrounding air but still within the needed operating range. I figured once the GF is placed over the cooler, the air being blown into the GF should still be fairly cool and still well within the operating range.
I moved the GF back to the table, set it up and ran the deciding test…
When i conducted the test run the temp inside the GF was 79 so I turned the fans on high and started the cooling, 5 minutes later the temp inside the GF got down to 71. I turned the fans to low and turned the GF on and ran my print by this time the room temp was up to 83 with all the humidity. Before i would have had to wait while it cool down on it’s own. The test print was a 45 minute test i first used when i got the GF to see if the GF really operated the way everyone said it would. It passed then and i can say with joy it passed again.
After the job since I can’t leave the wire inside to see the temp while printing i put it back in and the temp was still within the range needed, 72. I also checked for any condensation inside and out and found none.