Honeycomb bed holdown pins

I’ll post it with Props to the original creator this afternoon. Everyone’s Crumb tray maybe slightly different so it’s best to cut one and test.

2 Likes

Thanks Phil!!

1 Like

publishing now. give it a few minutes.

2 Likes

Nice. I’ll give the v1.1 a try. Great idea on the plywood for strength. Thanks

1 Like

I’m still using broken ones, even. I wanted to secure a small canvas panel without overlapping the edges (it would be engraved all over), found the right holes to allow a couple of broken-off pins to secure the material…

2 Likes

I had to adjust the size a bit for my bed, but here’s a new version from Phil’s redesign with the center cut as a separate color. I found that my :glowforge: was cutting the outer line first and the center wasn’t always clean. Separate colors let me re-order the cuts.

Honeycomb Bed Pin.zip (947 Bytes)

9 Likes

I do the same thing!

I have more of these than I’ll ever use but I like this iteration and may well make a cup or two of these.

3 Likes

We’ll just change that ol’ neighborly thing from ‘may I borrow a cup of sugar’ to this…:smile:

5 Likes

I’ve been exclusively using magnets, but I’ve got to give these a try.

If you made the inner cuts black and the outer cuts red, the GFUI would automatically order them the way you want.

3 Likes

Because Discourse likes to strip out some of the accompanying code.

With Illustrator, if you select Presentation Attributes when you save the SVG, it should display properly here.

1 Like

What’s funny is that it seems to look correct on mobile, but not in a PC browser.

If you haven’t already read through it, take a look at this thread:

1 Like

I guess I was responding to the images prior to your update. The link I posted wasn’t for that issue though, it was to explain the ordering of operations based on the line/fill colors. That will explain why black cuts before red.

1 Like

I really wanted to make some of this new version, but this is what I get in the GFUI;

no option for ordering cuts…they’re all engrave.

What am I missing here, please?

1 Like

You will need to bring the file into AD and remove the fill. (Discourse added it in there - it wasn’t zipped.)

3 Likes