Honeycomb bed holdown pins

Bump no
Cut through on accident, I plead the 5th.
:crazy_face:

10 Likes

Thank you OP! Just found and printed these, no idea why I didnā€™t search for something like this before. Iā€™ve been using painterā€™s tape but it doesnā€™t quite do the trick

1 Like

Learned that the hard way

Thank you!!

:sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you Iā€™ve had your holddown pins in my mind for a long time and finally made them today. Theyā€™re perfect.

2 Likes

Make your pins out of lexan plastic they last a long time you can get it at Home depo but there is a lot
of smoke when you cut them o well

Hello my new GF Family!!! I just received my Glowforge last night and even after planning what my first cut was going to be (which I intended these pins to be) I got overly excited and forgot for a moment! lol, I suppose this happens a lot?!..I just wanted to say THANK YOU!! For providing me/us all with this file for our machines. Stay safe and Iā€™ll be seeing yā€™all more often on here! :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

1 Like

Thank you! Excited to finally be here!

my one piece of advice is measure twice cut onceā€¦lol old carpenter sayingā€¦It would have saved me a ton of wood an time in the beginning to slow down just a tad and read to how to sections and in the community forum there tons of free resources on here just to help youā€¦ inkscape free btw is a big helpā€¦ Hereā€™s a few sites youā€™ll wanna check out for files as wellā€¦Blessings and enjoy you new laser!!!

11 Likes

Im sorry just google the site for some reason when you click on the link it takes you to the site i grabbed the list fromā€¦MY BAD

1 Like

Then just before you cut, take a step back, rethink it for the thousandth time, measure again! THEN cut.

2 Likes

simpleservant01, Thank you very much! Iā€™ll take all the advice I can get :slight_smile: Iā€™m nervous to do something wrong and this is the most expensive purchase I have ever made, lol! Iā€™ll explore those tabs youā€™ve suggested and again, Thank you!

simpleservant01, I just experienced that, lol Itā€™s ok I still appreciate it and Iā€™ll still check them out!

djfb, lol! Like I did with my first design even though Glowforge made the template and it was surprisingly super easy! :rofl: I feel like we will be doing this quite often! :smirk:

I understand it was mine as well when I first received my first one. I was so scared I was gonna break itā€¦lol just rem. to keep it as clean as you possibly can. invest in alcohol pads, and the rest will all come out in the washā€¦ I had my insurance company add a special equipment coverage for my Glowforge that way when anything happens itā€™ll be covered if itā€™s out of the warrantyā€¦ Good luckā€¦

1 Like

Welcome! FYI - can I make the strong suggestion that these pins, or anything else, be your 1st cut after going through the entirety of Your First Prints. The lessons learned in there are invaluable.

4 Likes

simpleservant01, that is great idea I hadnā€™t even thought of! Iā€™m going to give them a call ASAP to see if there I could do the same! Thank you

deidrebeth, I am open to all suggestions, recommendations, ideas and etc. lol I will have to go home and do what the link you provided is suggestion to create! I think in my excitement I have overlooked that :worried:. Thank you for sharing this with me! :heart_eyes:

1 Like