Honeycomb bed holdown pins

Finicky and weird, but, luckily, entirely predictable.

Thanks so much for the design. Printed a bunch today and already putting them to good use.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve never had a problem uploading SVGs, but a lot of people do. :woman_shrugging:

Discourse strips out the style information on unzipped SVGs - itā€™s just a security measure. Zipping is the only way around it for certain-sure. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I guess it works for me because I have no style. :wink:

7 Likes

Thanks so muchā€¦I think Iā€™ve got it now.

Thanks for the (original) file! I was too excited and didnā€™t see the new edits. But thankfully, the pins worked perfectly for a cardstock paper cut!
Google Photos

6 Likes

Thank You! These are wonderful! :heartpulse:

1 Like

I cant figure out how to use this zip file? Iā€™m really not tech savvy, my husband is but hes out of town. Iā€™ve only saved and used the .svg files and they go straight into Inkscape with no problem. Do you know how i can get this file into Inkscape? Thanks

1 Like

I am on a Mac. After downloading the zip file, I double click the zip file and it opens. Then I use Inkscape to open the svg file.

On Windows, right click on the Zip file and choose Extract All. It will open in a new folder.

2 Likes

It was a bit different than that but they look way too big, can you tell me the measurements of these little guys so I can be sure. Thanks!

They should be 0.848" wide by 1.007" tall.

I never looked at the dimensions before. Now my OCD tendencies are making me want to shorten them by .007" :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

And widen them by 0.002 at least? Or does 0.848 not bug you? :no_mouth:

Also, shouldnā€™t the keft shorten them by about 0.007", so the final product is exactly 1" tall?

1 Like

Nah, 0.848 is nice and symmetrical; I can handle that. :wink:

And I donā€™t have to type the final size. I donā€™t even have to measure it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

wait, i love these pins, where is the file? am I missing it? :confused:

1 Like

First post in the thread. (Click on the title at the top of the screen to jump to the top post.) :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

These tips are a godsend for me!!! Thank you!!

4 Likes

Thank You eljefe4.

Hernan

I just made some of these. They work great. Thanks.

4 Likes