Honeycomb Disdyakis Tricontahedron

That is amazing!

1 Like

This is a great work of your creative ability.

Great piece, love it, where did you get the connectors at? I am a new owner, so I wanted to ask also, if you designed it or purchased the pattern from a source?

Thank you for sharing your work!

2 Likes

I use Fusion 360 to design the connectors, and 3D print them. There are connectors for the basic Platonic solids on Thingiverse if you want to start with something more simple. Beware of starting down that rabbit hole, as those are a gateway to complex polyhedrals.

1 Like

Thank you!

What a time to be out of likes! Love the engraving on the cells, it takes it over the top. Amazing work!

3 Likes

Wow! that is really cool

2 Likes

As a big devotee to LED lights in all forms, that is really, really nice.

Have you considered doing a version with WS2812 pixels? That would give you full color control over each lamp. Let me know if youā€™d like some pointers.

2 Likes

No, but Iā€™ll check them out. This was more of a proof of concept to see if it would even work, so buying the globe lights seemed to be the most simple method for doing this. In a future version, Iā€™d love to try something that changes color!

1 Like

That thing is just AWESOME and a bag of chips! Great design and execution!

2 Likes

If you get to the point where you want to, send me a messageā€¦

Thanks. I have some experience with arduino, and without researching this further, Iā€™m assuming that you need some controller like this. Iā€™ll message you when I get some time. Never enough timeā€¦

That is a very interesting well designed project. It really invokes ideas when looking at it. Awesome work!

1 Like

Yeah arduino or an ESP32 would work well. Check out the fastled library if you get curious, itā€™s not hard.

The fastled community is really active, there are lots of people who will help with code questions.

1 Like

You would need a controller. If I were going to do this, Iā€™d go with an ESP8266; they are small (1" x 1.7"), cheap ($3-$4), and they support WiFi so you can include some programmability if you want. And they work in the arduino IDE.

2 Likes