Horizontal Wine Box

Hi there,

With the designs I found online, I’ still adjusting this one to make the bendable parts less forced to close it as one of the broken with the origial design!

This one is fine but I will change it again to make it “click” when close!

Will post once I print another one!

I hope u guys like it!

Created with Illustrator!

51 Likes

I have made many vertical ones, you did a nice job with this.

2 Likes

Excellent! It would make a fine handbag as well.

4 Likes

Beautiful! Handle is sweet!

2 Likes

LOVE it! I see lots of these that are neat looking, but don’t catch my fancy enough to want to make one (or ten). THIS one, has my fancy! :smiley: LOL

4 Likes

:smile: That’s just what I was thinking! Great job on it @cordioli!

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Wow Gorgeous I love this - mind if i steal the idea lol - im a wine fanatic

2 Likes

Of course not! I’m not the kind of person that get upset about it! I feel good about people “copying me” that means I’ve inspired people! LOL

AND, I’ve been inspired by someone else online anyway! :stuck_out_tongue:

Happy forging!

1 Like

Very nice!
If I can make one suggestion…
Since wine bottles are pretty heavy, you want extra support on the bottom. If you moved the bottom piece up a bit and have it go through the sides like it does on the little feet part, it’s less likely to have the bottom fall out. :grin:

5 Likes

It has support inside!
3 half rounded pcs giving the support and helping to glue things together!
But thanks! :slight_smile:

Very nice design. Elegant.

If you are having issues with flexibility and breaking, consider this: You may have chosen the wood grain orientation purposefully for the look, but living hinges flex more readily when the cuts are made along the grain rather than perpendicular to the grain. They also hold together better since the long grain is preserved rather than cut up into pieces.

7 Likes

Thank you!

Will definitely pay attention to this next time! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Très élégant!!

1 Like

Not bad. How’d you finish the edges?

1 Like

Very nice!

Dampening the hinge cuts with alcohol before the first time you flex them can help keep them from cracking. I just rub it into the cuts, then gently start flexing a little at a time until it gets to where I want it, then keep it there while it dries.

6 Likes

Thanks! Will try it! :blush:

Didn’t do anything! Just removed tha masking tape and that’s all. :blush:

1 Like

Love the vertical grain with the horizontal living hinge. That looks really nice!

1 Like

Looks cool … Guess there isn’t much bend in your living hinge … Or it would snap cutting against the grain.

1 Like