Horrible Vibration

Hi Everyone…my GF started to have a loud vibration right at the start of the fan firing up but then ceased within a few seconds…now it is constant. It is vibration my wood out of place as the GF runs…I have cleaned the fan with Q-tips and with a straw cleaner brush but it is still sooooo bad. And not to mention horribly loud…any ideas of how to get this to stop. I have the GF Pro.

Thank you!

Check your exhaust fan. Might be crud on it making it out of balance.

6 Likes

Yup, most likely your exhaust fan has crud on it. A lot of us have turned it off and use external fans instead, but if you want to keep using the internal the official cleaning instructions are here:

but if you can’t take it outside or get ahold of the cleaning spray there is also these (this is what I do):

3 Likes

@inmind4u I am so sorry your Glowforge printer is having a loud vibration as the fan turns on.

Could you send me a few photos of your exhaust system? Specifically, please include pictures of the following:

1. The exhaust fan from the inside of the unit. To capture this photo:

1. Turn your Glowforge off

2. Open the lid

3. Using both hands, gently pull the printer arm towards you as shown below:

4. Move your phone or camera inside the Glowforge on the left-hand side, past the metal rail, pointed away from you towards the exhaust hose, to capture a photo like the one below:

2. A photo of where your exhaust hose attaches to the Glowforge, where your exhaust hose exits the room, and the path your exhaust hose takes from your Glowforge to the exterior vent or Compact Filter

3. The exhaust connection on the back of your Glowforge, with the exhaust hose removed:

4. Any area where you see smoke escaping from your Glowforge while printing

Once I have your photos I will be able to review for the best next steps.

Hello Stacy,

Thank you so much for your reply. I totally understand. Please let me know how it goes.

Sincerely,

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.