Horse memorial box

I made this box for a friend whose horse died. Her daughter rode equestrian and the horse’s name was Zara. All of the 1/8" material was cut and engraved on the Glowforge, and the 1/4" material cut on a Mira 9. This box was originally a jewelry box, but I modified it to be bigger. Not all of Zara’s ashes will fit, and they’ll spread the rest around the pasture. I incorporated one of her horseshoes into the lid.

Zara and Lauren

40 Likes

Wow that is a terrific tribute to a horse well loved.

16 Likes

Great Job. I`m betting they will love it.

12 Likes

What a well-made gift for your friend. The contrasting wood/stain colors and scored details really make for a polished design. I’m sure she’ll appreciate it!

13 Likes

This is a wonderful memorial and sentiment.

12 Likes

That is a very thoughtful gift and surely will be appreciated for a long time.

10 Likes

Extremely amazing and thoughtful. I love how you incorporated the name in multiple locations. Very nice!

11 Likes

Sad loss with a beautiful remembrance

9 Likes

Very nice tribute. I’m sure she’ll love it. Incorporating one of Zara’s horseshoes really makes it special.

8 Likes

No better memorial than that—beautiful piece.

8 Likes

Beautiful. We have a horse who is around 30 we are going to have to put down at some point. Nice memorial…I’ll have to remember this.

6 Likes

What a treasured memory this will be. A delight to the eyes, a salve to the soul. You are awesome.

5 Likes

What a lovely memorial. I love that you incorporated one of her horseshoes.

5 Likes

Very pretty

3 Likes

A beautiful memorial for a Daughters beloved horse. Well Done.

2 Likes