House Numbers with Personality - Newbie Project

Might work on my mailbox. Though the rural mailbox at the end of my driveway is technically in the next county from the house.

10 mile one lane mountain road with little human traffic.

9 Likes

Are they going to market or wee, wee, weeing all the way home???

6 Likes

The wife took that one a few years ago. Iā€™m sure they have all ā€œgone to marketā€ by now.
Not unusual to see cows, or even a bear with cubs in tow walking up the road. But three little pigs was funny.

5 Likes

As ready as Iā€™ll ever be, I guess. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Our neighbors one place over in TX used to have to call long distance from their house on the back of the property to the caretaker cabin at the front. :wink:

3 Likes

There could be many ways to support the tiles, even a cast bit of concrete put at the side of the road.

2 Likes

The font you chose goes perfectly with the style of mailbox! My box is on the house and hard to see from the street - 'm planning to make some kind of free standing house numbers thing to put in the front yard.

2 Likes

Thanks! I actually had to use two different fonts because ā€“ in spite of the fact that Iā€™m a bit of a font hoarder ā€“ I couldnā€™t find a single font with both an interesting ā€œ3ā€ AND an interesting ā€œ4ā€. LOL I also didnā€™t want the two zeroes to take over the visual space. I know Iā€™m a bit weird, but arenā€™t all of us who create?

5 Likes

More than a ā€œbit,ā€ in some cases. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I agree!!! I make house calls for work and I HATE trying to figure out house numbers when they are hidden (or not visible at night)

Nice project, kudos to you! I just got my GF and am curious about the material styrene! Please tell me more and uses for it.

1 Like

Iā€™m not an expert. I found the sheets of styrene at my local art supply store.

Which fonts were theseā€¦also where did you buy the materials?

I got the Styrene Sheets at Sam Flax Art Supplies. The numeral ā€œ3ā€ font is Promenade Regular and the font for the numerals ā€œ0ā€ and ā€œ4ā€ is Tork.

What about your settingsā€¦how do you do settings for other materials? Total newbie here too!

You canā€™t discuss custom settings in this forum section.

You will find a multitude of existing discussion over in Beyond the Manual.

Your numbers look awesome!!!You and I have almost the same locking mailbox. We can leave for a couple of days and not have to worry about getting the mail. I never send mail only receive it.