House Numbers

Sometimes, the simplest project saves you quite a bit of money, With our house freshly painted, we were looking forward to upgrade our old 1980s numbers. Looked last week on Amazon and a set of letters would run for about $15 a piece (well, metal ones). So it took me about 10 minutes to find a more modern font and cut it on a piece of thick black Acrylic left over. 3 coats of a chrome paint can I had and a some glue gun action… we go our numbers back in a more modern style. Nobody will know it is not metal :slight_smile:

67 Likes

Bet you can see them from a distance. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Nice job! Judging from the number of digits in your house number you must live somewhere way into the future! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

They look great!

In the US, many house numbers are based on distance from a point in a town/city, as opposed to being sequential. My street has around 200 houses, but the numbers go from 2900 to 4200.

1 Like

Yep, my last residence was on of about 7 houses on our street, but my house number was 10013

except me

1 Like

I did not know that - now I understand why you’ve got these crazy house numbers!!! TIL.

1 Like

Amazing job! I’ll bet your neighbors would like some as well.

1 Like

These are beyond great.

nice job!

That’s a lot of numbers. My street address has a single digit. I haven’t bothered lasering something for the front of the house because it seems too trivial an exercise. I wish I had a bunch of numbers so I’d be motivated to do something similar. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Spell it - like “seven” :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

they look great, I’m in the middle of my project doing basically the same thing. How did you adhere it to the wall? I’m trying to figure out how to mount it to brick.

1 Like

Did you miss this?

1 Like

Yes, thanks!

Just a suggestion
Best glue according to google for bricks
Search is your friend :innocent:

1 Like

This is awesome. Well designed and executed and I love the fact that you used existing materials in the house. Looks like professional work for a minimal cost.

Thank you @magrubant, I am looking for more practical project using the Glowforge. Love decoration and wood stuff, signs, etc. but this has surely saved me over $100 in cost. Can’t belive these letters go for 15-25 bucks on Amazon. (Even the 1 and they are back ordered). Love home manufacturing!

We have a mailbox (literally a box for the mail) on our front steps so I did the same a while back

2 Likes