How can I be so thick? (Pro-Tube?)

Good to know! Thanks!

What the WHAT?! So whataya do… rotate the object and take a new pic until it all lines up?!

1 Like

Two camps of people on this one. One: It drives OCD people nuts. Two: it’s fairly common to weight in framing/matting pictures because of perception.

3 Likes

Dammit @rpegg! Yes it is! People want to see stuff like that! :smirk:

8 Likes

I just eyeballed that one but I always use a masking on everything, so you could easily mark the position or center of the tile on the masking. If you did the design yourself you might place an X at the center of your design with a different color and when it comes time to cut, just assign “Ignore” to the X.

A little bit of a pain but it gets very good accuracy when you zoom in.

7 Likes

Takes me 5 minutes to engrave the tile, but an hour and a half to decide what category to place a new topic in.

25 Likes

My family is from Hurricane WV, I’m pretty sure the main reason they’re excited about me working for Glowforge is the future potential to put flying WVs on everything they own. :wink:

16 Likes

Yes, learning how to align the things in the bed to the axes is a skill. Most of the time it works with few issues. This is one case where cutting a jig to leave in the bed and then placing the tile in it for multiple tiles one after the other.

2 Likes

Nice eyeballs! :slight_smile:

Great… another skill I need to acquire. I’m gettin’ too old for this … :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is where a draggable guide rule would be useful.

Looking at you GFUI Team. Looking at you.

23 Likes

Just 15 minute drive from my house to the hurricane exit.

1 Like

Yes, many times I had an interior designer make me wait to place furniture so she could get a tape and split a measure exactly. She wouldn’t have been able to sleep otherwise.

1 Like

Hoppered!

I’ll put that in the hopper. :wink:

12 Likes

The ability to auto align the artwork relative to the edges of the blank should fall out of the double sided cutting implementation. It would be a bit bonkers if it auto aligned the second cut after it was flipped but we had to manually align the first cut from the top.

This would get around the need for a repeatable zero and the need to use alignment jigs.

5 Likes

Numeric entry for positioning would fix both of these issues, and many more. I’m hoping they will implement it. That includes numeric scaling/sizing, as well as positioning.

13 Likes

To do this perfectly accurately is a bit tricky right now. You can use optical, but you might be off by a tiny little bit. I prefer to use jigs for things like this.

5 Likes