How can I buy a new Glowforge with my referral credit?

This seems like a simple thing, but I can’t seem to figure out how to buy a new Glowforge using my referral credit. I don’t see anything about this in the FAQ or when I search the forums, so I’m guessing I’m just brainfarting, missing something obvious, or thinking about it the wrong way. The only options I see for payment are “Credit Card”, “PayPal”, or “Monthly Payments”, and when I try any of them, I’m prompted to pay full price (ie. no discount or credit seems to be applied). I’ve tried contacting Glowforge support (support@glowforge.com), but perhaps they are backlogged or my help requests aren’t getting to them. I’ve written them twice in the last few days. Anyone here know how?

I think chat is available now. Click on shop and see if you don’t get the chat option.

Are you trying to use your own code to buy a second machine? If so, I don’t believe they allow it. Obviously you want to wait for the official word from GF, but just wanted to give you a heads up.

1 Like

Chat started: 2019-08-03 01:48 AM UTC
(01:48:50 AM) Pseudothink: How can I buy a new Glowforge printer using some of my accumulated referral credit?
(01:49:52 AM) *** Josh C joined the chat ***
(01:51:08 AM) Josh C: Hi Pseudothink, you will need to write into support@glowforge.com to request this. We will have to manually apply this for your order.
(01:51:34 AM) Pseudothink: Gotcha, ok, thanks. I’ve done that but haven’t heard from them since I wrote on Tuesday. Just need to give more time?
(01:53:38 AM) Josh C: Yes, I will link this chat to your correspondence from Tuesday and Thursday.
(01:53:50 AM) Pseudothink: Thanks!
(01:54:04 AM) Josh C: You’re welcome, Pseudothink.

1 Like

Thanks! I tried the chat option, Josh C was able to answer my question (see above).

I’m not trying to do that, but thanks for thinking of it and letting me know!

2 Likes

Oh good, I was really hoping you weren’t going to be disappointed!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.