How compact do you like your laptop?

Me too! I missed it the first time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

And I was pleased I got one small enough for a 1:24 dollhouse (without a picture!). Terriffic!

1 Like

As usual…BRILLIANT!

1 Like

Where do I find the cut file for this?

1 Like

Check out the first post. The author put it at the end, labeled “laptop.pdf”. Click that and download to your computer.

1 Like

Can I cut it on the glowforge as a pdf?

1 Like

Yes. It will use a PDF that contains SVGs.

1 Like

Both PDFs and SVGs are container files. You might have meant a PDF that contains vectors?

2 Likes

Correct. SVG is a standard XML format for describing vectors.

SVG stands for Scalable Vector Graphic.

I was not meaning the a PDF file contains SVG files. I was referring to the data, not the file.

2 Likes

Oh…OK. That makes sense. I knew what SVG stood for, but didn’t fully understand the sort of dual meaning in the way you described it. :grimacing:

2 Likes

I believe that the nature of a PDF is that when it is created it is converting all the contents into scalable vector images. So it basically is a binary version of the SVG file (SVG files are just text/xml documents).

Someone please correct my understanding if that is wrong.

3 Likes

PDF is much more powerful and complicated than an SVG (hence the bigger file sizes). you can have editable text in a PDF, and yet it will still print to the GF because of the way the file is structured. SVG will not work on the GF without the text converted to outlines.

i would not say a PDF contains SVGs, it’s confusing. a PDF can contain images, vector shapes, interactive content, etc., but to call what’s vector in a PDF “SVGs” is confusing. it’s just vectors. all vector shapes are scalable graphics.

8 Likes

Thanks @kelly1 , @Xabbess , @shop , @bill.m.davis !

3 Likes