Bringing you the miniature laptop featuring Rio, the unofficial Glowforge mascot. I’ve course I asked Rio for his permission, and he was stoked! His best pal, @jbmanning5 , wrote the textbook on photo engraving and did the photo manipulation. The keyboard I adapted from the premium design features.
Notes for best result:
- I used proofgrade medium basswood ply.
- Pin the sheet to the tray with a honeycomb pin.
- Set the screen and mousepad lines to score instead of cut and set all other steps to ignore.
- When done, peel off the masking off the screen only, be careful not to move the sheet.
- Now set the score step to ignore and the rest to engrave and cut respectively.
- The screen has a tight fit and may need a gentle hammer tap. Once positioned it should be tight enough so you can angle the screen without it coming apart.
This is the first in a line of electronic miniatures - so stay tuned!