How compact do you like your laptop?

IMG_3208

Bringing you the miniature laptop featuring Rio, the unofficial Glowforge mascot. I’ve course I asked Rio for his permission, and he was stoked! His best pal, @jbmanning5 , wrote the textbook on photo engraving and did the photo manipulation. The keyboard I adapted from the premium design features.

The file:
laptop.pdf (53.6 KB)
For personal use only as per forum guidelines.

Notes for best result:

• I used :proofgrade:proofgrade medium basswood ply.
  • Pin the sheet to the tray with a honeycomb pin.
  • Set the screen and mousepad lines to score instead of cut and set all other steps to ignore.
  • When done, peel off the masking off the screen only, be careful not to move the sheet.
  • Now set the score step to ignore and the rest to engrave and cut respectively.
  • The screen has a tight fit and may need a gentle hammer tap. Once positioned it should be tight enough so you can angle the screen without it coming apart.

This is the first in a line of electronic miniatures - so stay tuned!

Check out my other miniature designs for free: Glowforge, acoustic guitar, celtic harp, classic harp, bow for string instruments, sewing machine

71 Likes

Very squeeee! :smile:

5 Likes

i mean… way to make everyone have homer simpson fingers.

6 Likes

You mean these…

4 Likes

:heart_eyes: I LOVE this…how cute!

1 Like

This is absolutely wonderful!

1 Like

Big praise for a small laptop! Thanks so much to you, Rio and @jbmanning5.

2 Likes

The Rio addition was priceless :smiley:

This will go well with the miniature Glowforge out there.

3 Likes

Oh, so cute!! Thank you for sharing!!

1 Like

So cute, and what a great collaboration!

1 Like

Thanks @Jules, @shop, @eboneeforever, @Xabbess, @dklgood, @jamesdhatch, @marthajackson1970, @cynd11!

6 Likes

I absolutely love this!!! You need to come to Tennessee to pick up some leather.

This laptop is absolutely so Precious!!!

1 Like

You’re too kind! I’ve got enough to be working with at the moment… :star_struck: , but thank you!

2 Likes

This is awesome! Thanks for sharing. Can’t wait to make this and the sewing machine. i love miniatures!!

2 Likes

Glad you like them! There are other miniatures in the Free Design section as well - look for orchestra instruments as well - we had a spate of them last year.

1 Like

At last, I can afford a laptop for all 11 grandchildren. :smile:

4 Likes

Wait for the desktop version. The design is finished, I just haven’t written it up yet…

2 Likes

This is so cute! :smiley: I think I will make this for my daughter’s dolls. Thank you!

1 Like

Her dolls will be happy! Also look for the desktop I did later…

love this

2 Likes