How do I upload a cuttable image

I am new to Glowforge and am trying to make a few ballerina ornaments for my granddaughter’s dance class. I am used to working with svg’s on my Cricut Explore Air and Cricut Maker. I am unable to upload an image and select cut with the Glowforge. Is there a way to do this? And if so, is there a way to copy and paste the image so that I have 6 instead of one on the screen? I am working with clear acrylic for these. Any help is greatly appreciated.

If the thing you are saving inside your svg is a bitmap or jpg, then the GF will only engrave those. To be a cut file, it needs to be a vector (or an outline). If you are using a bmp or jpg, then you might try making a trace of what you want cut as lines.

If you are using the Premium subscription, there’s a very easy way to add a cut line to your image:

1 Like

What the others have said plus to make a copy and paste use the usual function: CTRL C to copy and CTRL V to paste. I don’t know how that works for anything other than windows however.

2 Likes

Since you are new, have you gone through the First Prints tutorials? They are really worth your time and will answer many of the questions you will have.

2 Likes

Thank you all so much. I was able to create the ornament and they turned out very cute. I hope the girls enjoy them as much as I enjoyed making them for them.

2 Likes

I didn’t know about this. Checking it out now. Thank you :slight_smile:

I don’t have the premium subscription, but it sounds like something I may want to look into.

2 Likes

Thanks for the answers, everyone. And thank you @Pearl for recommending Your First Prints! They are a great way to build skills and explore the possibilities of your Glowforge.

Dan’s September announcement gives a side-by-side comparison of Glowforge Print and Glowforge Premium if you’d like to look into it.

I’m going to close this thread - if the problem reoccurs, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this!

1 Like