How small does scrap have to be before you cannot make something?

Cook? what is this ‘cook’ of which you speak?

2 Likes

That design actually has a lot of “give” and I considered having them be just a hair narrow with a bit of a square area, matched by a square engrave on each side.

I know there is a lot of “give” as I have had these work in acrylic as well …

1 Like

Unfortunately, it’s the main chore I must do since no one will do it for me. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Best weight loss diet ever- “You have to prep and cook your own food”

3 Likes

Lol, I wish something like that would work, but unfortunately it doesn’t. I have one who will eat everything in a nasty hodgepodge collection she makes herself, and two who decide eating is not worth the effort. Since I can’t afford to keep buying new clothes and groceries daily, it’s a chore I must do for the rest of us to survive. :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

My rule for scrap was to make meeples until they wouldn’t fit anymore.
Now I have too many for Christmas presents and a brand new pile of scrap to decide what to do with! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I had to google what a meeple is. That is interesting, I never considered using game pieces that didn’t come with a game before.

I think the majority of the scraps I was holding on to were more like “possible stud earring” size. A meeple wouldn’t fit. The remaining scraps I have would probably fit small things like that.

2 Likes

Those are cool shapes! I would turn them into business cards (putting your shop contacts etc) and hand them out to any you meet. They will not be throwing them in the trash as they might any paper card,

2 Likes

I use them to make small earring cards. the file came with an earring pattern i had so i just change the engraving to suit whatever the earring topic is

Too small to make Escher fish / lizards / birds

Look in the Escher folder on his Google Drive.

5 Likes

How hard can it be?

1 Like

Mine didn’t look like that. They were rectangular walnut scraps from cutting dollhouse window frames for someone- .5"x 2" long, all 1/8" thickness…and they looked like one piece all put back together when I tried them. It just didn’t look nice. Anyways, I lost interest in storing them any longer.

1 Like

That is a gray map that if engraved could look much better.

Ah, I see. Not sure my tiny scrap was worth trying to engrave anything on.