How to add text to engraving

Just got machine yesterday and have already used it a few times. Silly question but I know how to upload picture and engrave but how do I add text to the item I wish to engrave with the picture?

1 Like

You will need to do that in your design software and it will differ a lot depending on your design software.

Have you explored the hints and tips section of the forums yet? Super helpful.

The above should keep you entertained for a few days. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Yep, the above is a great place to start. And keep in mind that you probably already have some type of software that will output a pdf containing text, that you can use until you dive in to the design software. Some people use Word or Powerpoint for instance. Best results will always be achieved using design software though. Vector software (Illustrator, Inkscape, Affinity Designer, CorelDraw, Sure Cuts A Lot, etc) for cut and score lines, and bitmap software (Photoshop, Gimp, etc) for engraving, is what people usually focus on.

And for text, one of my favorite tricks is to use Google Drawing, located right inside your google Drive. It lets you use different fonts, different shapes, and even lets you save to .svg or whatever other type of file you would like. Best of all, it’s a free app

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.