How to clean the glass on the focus lens?

Is there any way to clean the inside of the glass on this lens? Residue got inside and it causes the alignment on the passthrough not to work correctly.

2 Likes

In order to access the opposite side of that lens, the print head must be fully disassembled. You’ll need the proper Allen wrenches (1.5, 2.0, and 2.5mm) to disassemble the head casing and remove the circuit board and miniature stepper motor that controls focusing.

It will take about two hours to completely disassemble, clean, and reassemble the print head, a tedious job, but completely doable.

3 Likes

Thank you @yoyodyne2112 . Might have to try if since I don’t have a couple hundreds to replace.

Thanks again. Will post update with result.

If you need some pointers with the disassembly, specifically what to look out for, message me directly.

1 Like

2 hours?? wow… I have to clean it, I thought itd take like 10 mins :frowning:

I need to take apart my print head to clean the lens windows on the bottom. I see that you had information on this? thanks.

All you need is a set of precision screwdrivers , precision Torx drivers, and a clean work area. If you have a mat with a raised border to place parts as you remove them, that will be helpful in keeping track of things, but not absolutely necessary.

Start at the top, work your way down the back removing bits and pieces as you go, take pics as you progress and then use them as a reference during reassembly.

1 Like

Thanks very much!